This time Gatanga Temple's Durga Puja celebrated with some rules under the corona virus pandemic.Durga Puja will be celebrated from 22 October to 26 October,2020
As per the new guidelines issued on September 16, the following rules are to be followed:
1) There shall be no Mela etc. in and around Puja pandals.
2) No temporary pandals shall be allowed to be erected on and by the side of any street.
3) A maximum of 30 persons inclusive of organisers and priests shall be allowed to gather at any time in the Puja pandals.
4) A maximum of 20 devotees shall be allowed to gather at any Puja premises subject to there being sufficient space to maintain social distancing.
5) Puja organisers should not allow any person to enter the Puja premises without face cover and washing of hands. It will be the responsibility of Puja organisers to arrange for facilities for handwashing / sanitization at the entrance of Puja premises.
6) No permission for any immersion procession shall be given under any circumstances. A maximum of 5 persons shall be allowed to complete the ritual of immersion.
7) All visitors to Puja location shall be subjected to thermal scanning by Puja organisers and no person with any symptom related to COVID-19 shall be allowed to enter the Puja pandals.