“All you Want to know about a virtual event”
A virtual event refers to the online discussion of people/stakeholders/delegates for the purpose of learning/business/networking etc.. A digital event attempts to re-create the set-up of physical gatherings from the virtual environment. Like the world is moving towards 5-G infrastructure and improved net connectivity, virtual events are on their way to getting more and more mainstream. This process has accelerated amid COVID.
There are apparent differences between a concrete event and a virtual event. But what’s rather interesting is that these differences are decreasing day by day. It would be more clear with these findings-
- The most important difference between a physical event and a virtual event has been in terms of interactivity. Nowadays, this is one aspect where virtual events have radically improved. Networking zones, stalls, lounges: it’s now possible to attract all of them in the digital ecosystem. Exhibitors may also change the background of the booth and discuss handouts/giveaways to those visiting the stalls. Since the entire world is a playfield for virtual Events, Virtual events certainly have a border when it comes to the reach.
- Concerning budget, virtual events are somewhat more economical than their physical counterparts. But more investment also suggests that there are larger earnings involved.
- Amit COVID, the event market has witnessed many disruptions and most of them helped the significance of virtual events. As an instance – Event planners are now seriously thinking about the monetization of virtual events. This has resulted in altered perceptions of sponsors who find virtual Events as a means to reach niche audiences.
- In the end, trends are about perceptions. There’s a significant share of event-goers in the young generation which looks for the very best networking in the least time and minimal traveling. Virtual Events tend to serve this purpose.
Kinds of virtual meetings/virtual Events
Depending upon what you need, virtual events could be of many types. This is the reason why virtual Events platforms come up using 100+ modules to customize the installation depending on your requirements. Some of those broader categories include-
A virtual Exhibition/ A virtual tradeshow
With an organized presentation & display of product & solutions
A digital Alliance
An official gathering of individuals within an arranged setup
A virtual workshop
For training courses and learning classes
A virtual Media meet-up
Gathering in a casual setup
A virtual job-fair/ Digital career fair
In the current situation when in-house physical and networking events are at standstill, the event business is relying on virtual events. Successful virtual Events demand the correct virtual event planning which consists of —
Virtual Event Marketing
Unlike physical Events, the promotion of virtual Events is confined to the digital space. Thus virtual event advertising demands identification of the right audience and their targeting with the proper channels.
Virtual Event Management
Virtual Events have a digital presence across various stations. Whether it’s the event program, event website, or the list programs, you need real-time and centralized management of various platforms.
Virtual Events Monetization
Although a relatively new concept, it is gaining popularity at a quick pace. Various stakeholders of this event industry are now focusing on that the monetization of virtual Events. It can be carried out by selling sponsorship space or by paid-entries. Also, a successful event monetization strategy is dispersed across pre, during, and post-event.
Future of Virtual Events Planning
Experts state that virtual events will be understood at par with physical events in the long run. While bodily events will continue being a go-to place for those looking to network, virtual events will no longer remain in a mere supporting role.
The way to become a successful virtual event planner?
It’s a must for you to adapt to this new practices if you want to create an impact as a virtual event planner. Event technology plays a vital part in specifying the achievement of your virtual event. This usually means you ought to be on your A-game when it comes to the virtual event solution.
Here are the points you should keep in mind when choosing the right one
- Basic features like Live Polls, Meeting Scheduling, Recordings, Q&A, Session Forum, Handouts, Hand Raising,1-to-1 Chat, Screen Share, Backstage
- Your digital Events solution should help you with the 3 Ms- marketing, management, and monetization of the digital event.
- You make data-driven informed decisions, event analytics is a must.
- Different modules and personalized options to fulfill your requirements.
- The 3 Cs- Content management, contact management & communication administration.
- It has an Additional advantage if it offers In-built Event- site and white label Events app builder